Sunday, November 19, 2006

 

She's Going The Distance!

So today we bumped up our distance and went out for an eight mile run. I don’t think I’ve ever actually run eight straight miles so I was a little excited and a little worried at first.

I wasn’t feeling my best this morning when I woke up and just overall felt more exhausted than normal and really felt like my body was in need of more rest. However, I talked myself out of bed and made it to the run knowing it would probably be a rough run today since I wasn’t feeling that great. Then I got there and found out it’d be an eight mile run and well then knew it’d be a rough run.

The run started off pretty bad despite the fact that we were taking it pretty slow and the purpose was to focus more on going the distance over the time. For about the first mile and a half to two miles my leg muscles were burning and really hurting me. This is normal, it just doesn’t usually last this long. So that was a little upsetting and discouraging. However, for some reason I suddenly started feeling a million times better and was able to pick up the pace a bit and keep going.

However, this time my knee troubles came back and so did my blisters. This was upsetting since I had thought those problems were gone now with the new shoes. Still not sure why it started, perhaps it was just the longer distance. The good thing was none of it was too much to make me stop and I actually continued on my run.

I managed to get through the run with only one stop, at the water/food station, as I had worked up quite an appetite so had to make the pit stop for a banana and power bar bite. This is another great benefit of training with Team in Training since they set up water/food stations along our routes. After refueling I went back to the run and managed to run all the way back in.

I felt pretty good once I had finished which was surprising since I had just run what was probably my longest distance. So perhaps this training is already working !

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?