Tuesday, January 02, 2007

 

Just Two More Months

Sorry for the delay in my update on the training, things have been pretty hectic lately. Well it's now two months until my marathon and I'm starting to get worried. Since my last post I ran a holiday 10k that following weekend and well my knee was hurting too much to really give it a good go. Since then I've just been having a lot of knee problems and have actually stopped running the last two weeks hoping to give my knee a rest so it'll get better. However, I'm not too sure it's better yet and I'm getting worried about not having enough time to train now that it's only two months away. But don't worry I'm still planning on running in the marathon and finishing what I've started.

Aside from training I've also had the chance to visit the Los Angeles Childrens hospital with my team a few weeks ago. We were able to visit several children who have blood cancers and brought them treats. It was a little awkward just going into their rooms not knowing them but also a great experience that really helped me to appreciate all that I have. It was sad realizing that most of these kids would be spending the holidays in there and one girl would also be spending her birthday there as well. It was great though knowing that all that we're doing here is going to help children just like them.

Well that's about all for now, I'm hoping to get back to running this week so I'll try to keep you all updated.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?